Training Basic Use of Git and Gitlab
Git is a free and open source distributed version control system. It handles projects of all sizes quickly and efficiently, while providing support for rolling back changes when needed. GitLab is built on top of (and with) Git, and provides you a Git-based, fully-integrated web platform for software development.
Audience : CPHT PhD, post-docs, researchers.
Duration : 3 hours
Date : November 29, 2023 from 09:30 am to 12:30 am
Location: Ecole Polytechnique / Aile 0 / Jean Lascoux conference room
Maximum number of people : 10
- hardware: 1 laptop (Apple Macbook, PC / Linux)
- knowledge: basic commands of the Unix / Linux terminal
Training program :
- Exploring an existing project;
- Basic principles and commands;
- Two "real life" / use case examples :
- Writing a thesis / article
- Developing a code
Trainer : A. Canou (CPHT)