The goal of Sacl-AI for Science Workshop is to gather faculy, researchers and students who work, would like to work or are interested in applications of machine learning to science.
It is an opportunity for novices to be introduced to some foundational topics in machine learning with a clear aim at solving problems in sciences, and for researchers to present their work and network with the wider community working on AI4Science in Saclay and surroundings.
The intent of the event is both to widen the community and to increase discussions between different actors and institutions.
The event is structured as follows:
- Day 1&2: A School on foundational ideas in ML for scientists coming from different scientific disciplines. The aim is to communicate effectively how several tasks comonly faced by researchers can be solved effectively and to high accuracy with those tools, giving concrete examples in different domains (Physics, Experiments, Math, Biology, Data analysis...) and discussing practical examples in coding sessions in order to empower attendees to use those techniques themselves in their research.
Certificates for PhD students will be given upon request to validate as a training session.
- Day 3, 4 & 5: Deep dive thematic days on Machine Learning applications to different fields (Quantum Physics, Material Sciences, Statistical Mechanics, Climate sciences, Casual inference...). Every day will be centered about one of 3 themes: Quantum Physics & Materials, Life Sciences and Physics at the large scale.
More details and detailed planning will be released at a later date
We welcome oral contributions and posters during the 3 thematic days.
Participation is Free, but registration is mandatory at least 1 month before the event. If you cannot make it, please unregister.
- Aymeric Dieuleveut (CMAP - X)
- Marylou Gabrié (CMAP - X)
- Thomas Moreau (INRIA)
- Filippo Vicentini (CPHT - X)
Picture credit: © Ecole polytechnique / Institut Polytechnique de Paris / Jérémy Barande